"Can You Help Me Pray?"

A month or so ago I attended a meeting for a company that I work with. At the end of that meeting a sweet friend who I run into periodically at these events found me. We chatted about the obvious of why we were there, But our conversation quickly took a turn to a struggle she was having with a loved one. I could see the worry and stress on her heart and as she told me more, It was becoming more clear to me that this is where the Lord was leading me towards. I listened in to her talk and all I could think of towards the middle of our conversation was "Let's Pray!" She went on about the situation and the more she talked the more my heart broke for this young lady she referenced to. We discussed our church involvement and then how close we actually lived to each other and I offered to meet with her or her loved one sometime if she felt led to. When she finished talking, I looked at her cheerfully and said "Can I pray over you before you leave?" She smiled and said "Yes! Of course!" So there we stood. In the middle of a room full of people talking after a Meeting, Arms around each other praying for her and her loved one. We hugged and parted ways.

Yesterday just as I was typing out my announcement of this Blog and the confirmation that the Lord had laid on my heart to help women in a ministry of being stuck and the struggle of Spiritual Warfare, I got a message. It was my sweet friend from that meeting. We have not spoke since that night but of all days and all times, She messages me exactly when I'm posting this new journey. Her question.... "Can you meet with me this week and help show me how to pray for some things?" My heart was full! YES! YES I CAN! So today, I'm up early. Getting ready to meet with her to go over what ever comes about and discuss some ways to pray over this situation and whatever else is on her heart.

All though, I'm so excited to meet with her, The thought this morning was how I wanted to share how God works. How he perfectly lines people up at the right moment to nudge little signs in here and there that point them to their calling. We have to be watchful though. Too many of us wander through life wondering what we are supposed to do and why are we here. As I thought this morning, I decided this could be my first post on my new journey. Just as quickly as I thought that, I had a thought like this.... "You can't do that, You are bragging and god says not to brag..." The kicker... I felt Guilty when I thought it. Instant sign that the enemy did NOT want me to share this. Ive learned a few things over the last several years and truly over the last several months. There is a difference between God & the Enemy keeping you from something. If you feel a Peace about it Its a sweet conviction of the Lord saying You might not should do that. If its a Guilt about it its the Enemy. See, Our sweet savior does not trip you into GUILT  & SHAME. Those are all ways of the Enemy. Our Savior will lovingly convict you in a way and at the same time nudge you on how to do better.

So, Am I sharing this with you? YES!
Am I bragging? NO!
What am I doing? I'm asking you to be in prayer as well today over our meeting. Pray that God gives me the right words to say to help her. The eyes to see what she's struggling with. The heart that connects and understands her concerns. I want my friends and family to be part of this journey with me.

I could have never imagined my road map leading me down this path way,  but I'm here now and I'm so excited to see where He leads me.

After all, His plan is Overwhelmingly Beautiful.

God Bless,
Candace

Comments

Popular Posts