When He Wakes Me.

    Well here it is 4:11 am as I type this. When I initially announced the beginning of this journey and how I felt I wanted to focus on spiritual warfare and bring awareness to how the enemy works but also how the Lord conquers I said that I also had NO IDEA where this would lead and what would come about. 

    This is one of those moments where I sit and think if I really should or need to post this? I’m trusting it’s meant for someone. 

     So At 2:56am I was awaken by our dog needing to go out. I got up, let him out and then as I was getting back in bed noticed it was now 3:03am. I crawled back into bed and began trying to go back to sleep when all the sudden different worries began to creep in my mind. I laid there and began to pray silently to the Lord b/c I knew the enemy was attempting to wreck my nights sleep. However, I also knew that over the last year or so I’ve began to notice that the Lord will wake me in the night hours to spend time with him too. Funny thing about it is that it seems to always be between the hours of 3:00am & 4:00am. I have no idea why but I have come to realize that it seems several friends and God fearing women I know have told me the same. That The Lord wakes them during this same time mostly to pray. So, I’ve totally taken him up on this many many times. It never fails though, I get woke up and then lay in bed allowing worrisome or fearful thoughts run my mind over and the whole time it’s as If I feel the Holy Spirits gentle whisper “Come pray with me” all over me & me being my fleshly self, I refuse. I know right! How crazy. Easier said then done though. That feeling of my warm bed, comfy sheets, it’s dark and quiet in the house & everyone’s sleeping... Just like I wish I could too. That’s my selfish side peeking through. But here is where that changes. Over the last year as I’ve grown to know the Lord more and more and please understand I’ve certainly NOT arrived by any means. This southern small town girl is still learning from and by him daily. However I’ve learned that between the hours of 3 & 4 am have turned out to be some of my most precious moments with him. He’s woke me before with a stirring in my heart to pray for loved ones before. He’s spoken things to my heart to be watchful for. He’s calmed my fears, worries or stress when the enemy has come knocking in the darkness. I’ve added things in my prayer journal many times and underlined scripture during this time. It’s all been so so worth it once I set my own desires aside to sleep and not get up. 

    Tonight got me though. I woke. Took the dog out. Came back in and as I tried to lay back down and fall asleep I kept thinking and worrying about different things and yet again, there was His  whisper. “Pray with me.” ❤️ Tonight I did lay in bed, But I went to prayer. I began to think of my Bible Study I’m currently doing and was claiming those specifics over these situations. Thanking him for his Peace and asking for guidance in some of those areas. Praying for friends who are having a difficult time. Making a few requests known. The more I prayed the easier it felt. 

    I’m not sure about you but I have a difficult time praying silently. I’m a talker and when I try to pray in my mind I feel I’m easily distracted. Not all people are like that. So if you are able to pray silently then that’s great but picture me for a second. Lol! I’m laying in bed, it’s pitch black, I’m moving my mouth to the words of the prayer but not making noise. Haha!! I guess because I didn’t want to wake the family, but I knew I needed to actually move my lips to stay focused. (I really want to keep posting emojis to make this more enjoyable but I’m trying to decided if that’s appropriate on a blog?!?! Lol! Yes, This is a random thought of yours truly at 4:30 in the morning.) 😜🤣 👈🏼There! I had to do it! So back to my point. If you wake easily and feel the burdens caving down on you in the middle of the night and feel all those worrisome thoughts and gut clenching full force, Please be aware that the enemy comes in darkness and is trying to get you. But, If you listen carefully, calling out to you may be the Holy Spirit saying; “Come Pray With Me.” And if you begin a sweet habit of listening & obeying him, You will start to find that those middle of the night prayers are some of the sweetest moments you will have with him. ❤️ Don’t let the enemy steal your peace. Take control of your thoughts & enjoy those precious moments with the One who knows you best. 

“Come Pray With Me.” 

His ways are just so Overwhelmingly Beautiful. 

-Candace

Comments

Popular Posts